A digital backup band that adjusts to your guitar playing in real-time and lets you play other instruments' sounds with no latency.
Latest Updates from Our Project:
Updates from the Factory
20 days ago
– Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 01:17:57 AM
I would like to update you that I, along with two of our engineers, just returned from a trip to the guitar factory. The great feeling of accomplishment where I see that our dream and our team’s efforts are coming to life is truly exciting.
I know many of you are disappointed by the delays in our delivery. Please take a minute to read through some of the obstacles we have been encountering as we believe that our decisions to postpone shipping were made in good faith and in your favor.
To be more technical, during preparation for manufacturing our QA tested and re-tested all the components. Our QA found that some of the parts we used for our demo and prototype, even though they worked, did not give us best results in mass production, here are a few examples:
1. Switches – We use an electronic component called a switch. The switches we used ensured resistance of 0.6 Ohm which worked perfectly for us, however after ordering all the switches, and even though we used authorized suppliers, we found that they were not stable for our standards and randomly gave us different results. Random measurements sometimes showed higher resistance, the outcome being that for some of you it would work and others it won’t. Obviously, we did not want to release such a product. We were required to search for new switches, threw away the old ones and ordered new ones that have higher dependency and lower resistance levels.
2. USB Port - We found out after the PCB was fully designed and ready for manufacturing, starting in 2019 the European Union forbids the use of the mini USB port we intended to use. The new requirement is a type C USB Port. Since many of you are from that region, we needed to change the design of the boards to match the design of the port output and the plastic design accordingly. Here too the result was changing the PCB and the design of our plastic moldings.
3. Heating – After continuous and rigorous testing in different environments, we found one of the components, in very hot areas, does not behave as it should and gave unstable results. We replaced those components with higher grade components to assure that those of you that live in hotter climate don’t suffer from degraded performance.
These are just 3 examples of some of the many challenges we encountered.
As much as we want to deliver and to see you enjoying OMB products, we want to make sure you are getting quality products that last longer and do not cause problems after just a few months.
Saying that, we are close to delivery, however, I hope you understand after many unexpected drawbacks, we do not want to give a final date until we actually see everything is ready.
We are aware that you are all anxious to get what you paid for therefore we are doing our utmost to deliver without compromising on quality.
It is hard to imagine that just last January a small start-up with a dream to add color and wings to musicians, launched a Kickstarter campaign, won Best Guitar Innovation In Namm 2018 by Music Radar, and with your enthusiasm and support, we are now just a few steps from shipping. I would like to thank you again for your trust and ask for a bit more patience, I can guarantee it will be worth the wait.
Sincerely & Happy Thanksgiving,
The OMB app Tutorial + Updates
24 days ago
– Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 12:44:26 AM
We know you are all waiting for a shipping date. Unfourtnaly - All of the OMB items will not be sent before Christmas as we are experiencing unexpected delays in the factory (I'm writing this from China while working hard with the staff).
We are working day and night that you guys will get a 100% product.
We promise you will Immediately fall in love with it.
As promised, Here's a first tutorial of the OMB app!
Which will be released two weeks prior to shipping. Take the time to check out all the amazing features - as we are already working on another hi-fi video, and in the next few days, we will post a tutorial for the pedal.
Thank you for all your support!
Latest updates on all products and OMB app
about 2 months ago
– Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:51:12 PM
Listed below are the latest updates on all of the OMB products and the OMB app:
1. Molding for a plastic is ready and the first injections are being tested. Manufacturing began following the completion of the development of the Bluetooth option. We now have a specialized crew making sure every piece is assembled perfectly.
2. We finished the last QA test for the OMB app before sending it for release. The app will be available two weeks prior to shipping.
3. In addition to the OMB app, the guitar will be able to work with any MIDI software or interface. It only requires a type C USB cable.
4. The first OMB release will not include bend support. It requires more work on our side. Once we get it working, you will be able to download an update for it to work without needing to purchase a new device.
5. The OMB Built-In is being manufactured by “J&D”, a solid company that works with some of the best guitar brands on the planet.
6. There is still no solution developed for the ‘Zero fret’, yet we continue working hard to figure it out for future OMB software updates.
7. The OMB works with a tremolo!
8. A few months ago we gave the option to our backers to upgrade or change their order before locking in your order. A lot of you sent us messages with the desire to still change and/or upgrade. We will have a quick solution for you shortly. And we’ll indeed update with instructions on how do to do so, publicly or personally.
Thank you for everything!
The OMB Team
At Work! Another important update!
2 months ago
– Mon, Oct 08, 2018 at 02:21:16 AM
Dear Backers! Here’s another important update!
We'd like you to know that we read all your comments, feedbacks and emails and take them very seriously.
We know, delays are annoying, we don't like it as much as you do.
Please remember that with your support, you are not only getting a new item like never before, but you are also opening the door to brand new world that will keep updating and developing for your needs, all the time.
We are here to stay, and we will not let you down.
Here are answers to your questions asked:
1. The Acoustic pro guitar was indeed in the original campaign and was available for everyone. It is not a new item that was just released.
2. Soldering the OMB Upgrade Kit is not hard work, but you will need to do it carefully and follow instructions. We will, of course, publish a full video in addition to the manual guide. Please pay attention: Soldering does require experience.
3. All OMB items will have a Bluetooth option and a cable option. The incredible Bluetooth development is the cause of our delay as we want to send all of you a 100% product. For those of you who aren't interested in a wireless option, we can not manufacture it specifically. All OMB items, including the Upgrade kit, guitars, and pedals are manufactured and will be shipped together.
4. Besides developing, we also depend on outsourced suppliers and although we want to be in total control of everything that is happening, we can't.
Here's another peek at what we do!
Thank you so much for everything,
The OMB Team
Important Update! + Guitar Colors
2 months ago
– Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 02:43:37 AM
Hello to all you wonderful backers!
Here's an important OMB Update!
If anyone did not get our many updates regarding the shipment delay, here it is: Because of the amazing and unexpected development of the Bluetooth WIRELESS connection on all OMB devices and guitars - shipment is delayed by a few months. Manufacturing is in the process! We know you guys are waiting for a specific date, but we promise we are doing the best we can to ship everything to you, around the world and to your doorstep in the next month or two.
Because of these efforts, to get your items soon, we have decided to start manufacturing as quickly as possible and to already choose the most popular and simple colors for the OMB guitars. They sound and look amazing. Right here:
We are super excited and our hearts are beating faster than ever! It's coming soon.
And yes, we know it’s a bummer, we know how it is to wait for a crowdfunding order and to experience delays and we wish it wouldn’t be like that. But believe us - we are doing our best and we'll not deliver something that is not 100%.