Latest updates on all products and OMB app
1 day ago
– Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:51:12 PM
Listed below are the latest updates on all of the OMB products and the OMB app:
1. Molding for a plastic is ready and the first injections are being tested. Manufacturing began following the completion of the development of the Bluetooth option. We now have a specialized crew making sure every piece is assembled perfectly.
2. We finished the last QA test for the OMB app before sending it for release. The app will be available two weeks prior to shipping.
3. In addition to the OMB app, the guitar will be able to work with any MIDI software or interface. It only requires a type C USB cable.
4. The first OMB release will not include bend support. It requires more work on our side. Once we get it working, you will be able to download an update for it to work without needing to purchase a new device.
5. The OMB Built-In is being manufactured by “J&D”, a solid company that works with some of the best guitar brands on the planet.
6. There is still no solution developed for the ‘Zero fret’, yet we continue working hard to figure it out for future OMB software updates.
7. The OMB works with a tremolo!
8. A few months ago we gave the option to our backers to upgrade or change their order before locking in your order. A lot of you sent us messages with the desire to still change and/or upgrade. We will have a quick solution for you shortly. And we’ll indeed update with instructions on how do to do so, publicly or personally.
Thank you for everything!
The OMB Team
At Work! Another important update!
9 days ago
– Mon, Oct 08, 2018 at 02:21:16 AM
Dear Backers! Here’s another important update!
We'd like you to know that we read all your comments, feedbacks and emails and take them very seriously.
We know, delays are annoying, we don't like it as much as you do.
Please remember that with your support, you are not only getting a new item like never before, but you are also opening the door to brand new world that will keep updating and developing for your needs, all the time.
We are here to stay, and we will not let you down.
Here are answers to your questions asked:
1. The Acoustic pro guitar was indeed in the original campaign and was available for everyone. It is not a new item that was just released.
2. Soldering the OMB Upgrade Kit is not hard work, but you will need to do it carefully and follow instructions. We will, of course, publish a full video in addition to the manual guide. Please pay attention: Soldering does require experience.
3. All OMB items will have a Bluetooth option and a cable option. The incredible Bluetooth development is the cause of our delay as we want to send all of you a 100% product. For those of you who aren't interested in a wireless option, we can not manufacture it specifically. All OMB items, including the Upgrade kit, guitars, and pedals are manufactured and will be shipped together.
4. Besides developing, we also depend on outsourced suppliers and although we want to be in total control of everything that is happening, we can't.
Here's another peek at what we do!
Thank you so much for everything,
The OMB Team
Important Update! + Guitar Colors
17 days ago
– Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 02:43:37 AM
Hello to all you wonderful backers!
Here's an important OMB Update!
If anyone did not get our many updates regarding the shipment delay, here it is: Because of the amazing and unexpected development of the Bluetooth WIRELESS connection on all OMB devices and guitars - shipment is delayed by a few months. Manufacturing is in the process! We know you guys are waiting for a specific date, but we promise we are doing the best we can to ship everything to you, around the world and to your doorstep in the next month or two.
Because of these efforts, to get your items soon, we have decided to start manufacturing as quickly as possible and to already choose the most popular and simple colors for the OMB guitars. They sound and look amazing. Right here:
We are super excited and our hearts are beating faster than ever! It's coming soon.
And yes, we know it’s a bummer, we know how it is to wait for a crowdfunding order and to experience delays and we wish it wouldn’t be like that. But believe us - we are doing our best and we'll not deliver something that is not 100%.
Thank you for your patience and support,
The OMB Team.
Changed Your Address? Make sure Your OMB gets to your door!
about 1 month ago
– Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 11:51:35 PM
Dear rockin' backers,
As we are just about done finishing all administration work before shipping, we got requests from some of you that recently moved or are interested to get their OMB guitars and devices to a different address (of which they originally filled out when pledging).
So here's your chance! We unlocked the orders so you can edit your address for ONE WEEK ONLY:
Jump straight to your shipping info and edit your new address.
The OMB Team
Introducing: Wireless OMB (!!!)
2 months ago
– Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 12:50:28 AM
Introducing: Wireless OMB (!!!)
Dear Kickstarter Backers,
I would like to start by thanking you personally for supporting OMB. By doing so, not only did you help us get closer to fulfilling our dream, you set the cornerstone and lit the sparks to our path, showing us there is a need, a demand, a thirst for us as musicians to grow, expand, be creative and think out of the box.
Your initiative and action, comments, thoughts, questions, following us on Facebook, and of course your money opened those doors not just for you - our early backers, but for everyone that are going to enjoy OMB technologies, generations from now.
As you can all imagine, manufacturing is a lengthy process and requires full coordination of all the people involved in the process – engineers, R&D, design, electronic manufacture, plastic manufacture, boxing, fulfillment and much more.
Since launching our Kickstarter campaign, our amazing team has been working around the clock to assure everything is going to be ready on time to ship in September. There are always unexpected obstacles on the way and we made sure we are ready to address them immediately when they occur.
3 Months ago the R&D made a huge and unexpected progress, originally planned for later development, a year from now. They made OMB work via Bluetooth and battery with the same “no latency” parameters as the cable connection has. This was an incredible turnout, knowing all of you we'll be able to work with NO CABLES attached!
My immediate response was that this will be an incredible surprise for our backers, to be able to play, work, and have fun with no cables attached.
Yet, there are still two problems that we need to overcome:
1. BOM (Bill of materials) cost is 30% more.
2. We need to change the entire PC board which unfortunately takes time.
As for number 1, my decision is that we treat our early backers as family and they deserve to get the best product we have. Besides - it wouldn’t be fair to release a better version only a few months after they got theirs.
As for number 2, we started manufacturing the new board and purchased the new components. We are doing our best to still hit our goal of September shipment. If there are additional unexpected delays, I would like to give a heads up that shipping might be delayed by no more than a month or two.
We are making our best effort to deliver as soon as possible. We ask for your forgiveness and patience in case there is a small delay. We are sure that you are going to be so much happier with this addition and agree that it was worth the wait.
BTW - we also added the ability to update the Firmware directly from your computer, so upgrades and updates will be simply one click away.